Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cherry Limeade





I've been on a major Braum's cherry limeade kick. I use to like Sonic cherry limeades which is basically cherry flavoring thrown in sprite but they changed their cherry flavor a while ago & I didn't like it, at all.

I've tried different recipes here & there that were okay, but not as good as Braum's. Finally I googled Braum's cherry limeade recipe and one popped up. Yea! And it taste just like Braum's version. And saves me money.

Here's the recipe:

1/4 C simple syrup mixture (see below)
1 lime (roll on counter before cutting)
2 T maraschino cherry juice
Club soda
Ice

Cut lime in half & squeeze juice into glass. Throw one lime half in glass. Add cherry juice, a few cherries & simple syrup mix, stir. Add ice. Top off with club soda & stir. Easy peasy & so dang good.

Simple Syrup

Bring 1 cup of sugar & 1 cup of water to a boil, let cool. That's it.

You can use 2 tablespoons of grenadine instead of cherry juice but I don't like the taste of the grenadine in this drink.

So there you go. Let me know if you try and liked this version of cherry limeade.

Until next time ~ Stacy

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

Just tried this tonight. It is great. Thanks for sharing!