Thursday, October 30, 2008

The Bad Thing About Living In The Country

I grew up living in town. Brent grew up in the country. So after we got married we lived in town but always knew eventually we would end up out in the country. We've been out here a few years now and have came across our fair share of critters; rattlesnakes, copperheads, possums (oppossums if you don't live in the south) and, well you get the picture. Last night I flipped on the back porch light, we always have to flip on the light because of said critters surprising us, to grab Max's bowl. As soon as I opened the door and looked down so I don't step on said critters I saw this looking at me.





Well, it wasn't as cute as this one but I screamed so loud and slammed the door. It must have been a young one because it didn't spray me or the dog who finally showed up after he heard my commotion. So please no critters tonight on my back porch. My heart can't anything else right now.

P.S. Did you know this weekend is when we set our clocks back? I much rather fall back than spring forward. Now for a week I'll be doing my "it's 7:00 but really it's 8:00" bit until I start getting dirty looks from my family.

1 comment :

doodlebugmom said...

I have had skunks, possums,squirrels... but mostly assorted fat barn cats on my back porch.