Monday, May 18, 2009

Grandpa & Grandma Ward

I borrowered pictures from my sister Shelly so I could get copies of them. They are of my dad's parents. They had 9 kids.



This is of my Grandpa Ward. I never knew him; he past away before I was even a thought. He died suddenly while sitting in his rocking chair. One of the stories I remember people telling about him is that he was very hard of hearing and wore some type of hearing device. When people came over to visit he would sit in his rocking chair, turn down his hearing aid down and just smile and nodded his head making people think he was listening to them. Too funny.



This is my Grandma Ward. Wasn't she a hottie? Absolutely gorgeous. She died in her 80s. One story that stands out about her is when they would take road trips she always took food. To reheat things she would set things out near the rear window. Very green before being green was cool.

I'm planning on doing a scrapbook page using these pictures so if you've seen some paper that would be perfect to use please let me know.

1 comment :

Leeza898 said...

Love the pics Stacy (I agree that your grandma is a hottie). And LOL on the stories. I love the K & Co. Ancestry line. I just saw them at Michael's.
Oh I just saw your twitter note, sorry about your grandma. I will keep her and your family in my prayers.

Grace