Monday, February 8, 2010

Breakfast Casserole ~ so goooooooooooooood!!!!



We've made breakfast casserole in our family for years. I've used the recipe I got from Mom forever and it's good but I got have another one that is better (sorry Mom). My old piano teacher/music teacher made it and brought it over when my Mom passed away. I thought I would share the recipe with you. Make it the night before serving.

1 lb. bulk sausage
6 slices French Bread (older works better)
butter or margarine
1 1/2 C grated sharp cheddar cheese
5 eggs
1 pint half and half
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper

Spray 13x9 inch casserole dish with Pam. Butter bread slices and cut into cubes. Put bread pieces in casserole dish in one layer. Cook sausage, crumble and drain on paper towels. Spread sausage on top of bread and top with cheese. Combine eggs, half and half, dry mustard, salt, pepper and beat. Pour over casserole. Refrigerate overnight and bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is golden brown. Keeps well in fridge for a couple of days.

No comments :