Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Brittle

This by far is the best brittle recipe I've come across and is the only recipe I use. It can be made with peanuts or chopped pecans. Brent likes the peanut brittle better but I like the pecan brittle better.

1 1/2 C raw peanuts or 1 1/2 C chopped pecans
1 C sugar
1/2 C white syrup
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp baking soda

Combine nuts, sugar, white syrup and salt in a 2 qt microwavable bowl. Microwave 6-7minutes stirring halfway through cooking time. (I microwave for 3 minutes, stir, then 3 more minutes. I have a 950 watt microwave. When I was first made this, I burnt a couple of batches until I figure out what time worked best with my microwave.) Stir in vanilla, butter and microwave 2 minutes. Add baking soda stirring quickly. Brittle will become foamy. Pour out on greased cookie sheet. Let hardened then break into small pieces.

Enjoy!!!

No comments :