Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Nice Surprise

I've been following The Glamourous Life of a Housewife for quite some time now. She lives in Oklahoma too. She had a contest to find new appetizer recipes. I had just made Sausage Wontons for my dad's Christmas party so I thought I would submit that recipe. Dad had them at a party at school and got the recipe. And for dad to get the recipe it must have been good. I didn't even eat one because I got them ready for him to bake at his house because they are best served warm. I made them for our family Christmas Eve get together and he was right, they were good and a big hit.

So anyway, I was catching up on my Google Reader this morning and discovered she picked my recipe as one of the three she made for her family Christmas get together. It didn't win the overall contest but it was pretty cool to be picked. It's the little things y'all :)

So I thought I would share the recipe if you wanted to try them for New Year's parties. If you want to see what they look like click on the "she picked my recipe" link above.

Sausage Wontons

1 lb sausage
1 C ranch dressing
1 1/2 C cheddar cheese, grated
1 1/2 C monterey jack cheese, grated
1 package wonton wrappers

Brown sausage, drain, and place in bowl with cheeses and ranch dressing; mix. Spray the bottoms of mini muffin pan and place one wonton in the bottom of each muffin space gently pushing down so the corners of the wonton are standing straight up creating a space for the filling. Drop a small amount of filling into each opening. (There should be enough filling to fill two mini-muffin pans.) The filling may be held over or frozen to be used at a later time. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the wontons are golden brown. Serve warm.

No comments :