Saturday, November 29, 2008

And It Starts

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us it really starts getting crazy around here. Starting today our close family will have 7 birthdays to celebrate on top of everything else that goes on during the holiday season. I need to set a day this week to go Christmas shopping and just get it over with. In the past, I would have been stressing, a lot, but as I've grown older and wiser I know it will get done in time so why stress out.

Late afternoon Thursday, Brent, the kids, Darlene (Brent's mom) & I walked around the farm to take pictures of the kids for Christmas cards this year. I will have to make mini-albums for everyone because I'm going to have a hard time picking just one but I think I've got it narrowed down to 2, yay! Brent said he wanted to see some of them on the blog so here you go honey..........







This picture was taken in front of the old house on the farm and was one of my choices but Hannah's eyes are squinty. It's a really good picture of Colton.








The kids are standing on top of a levee looking for prairie dogs.



Does Hannah looked scared? She was worried about the cows that were behind her.



I love this picture of an old broomcorn shed. Back in the day, broomcorn was a hot commodity and I've heard many horror stories from Brent about getting up in the wee hours of the morning because he had to go work in the broomcorn fields.



You really can't tell from this picture but this is an old corn picker with a tree growing thru it.

2 comments :

Leeza898 said...

Stacy,
Your kids are absolutely beautiful. Not to mention your farm. These are wonderful pictures (even Hannah's squinty eyes). No wonder you have a hard time choosing the pics. Oh, love the Santa background on your blog. Have a nice day.
Grace

Anonymous said...

Stacy, you got some wonderful pictures - what an absolutely beautiful property!:-)
Jan