Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sausage Dressing

This is the recipe I use to make dressing. Brent likes it because it has sausage in it. I always make my dressing the day before I'm baking it because I like for the bread to absorb all of the liquid & it isn't runny.

1 lb pork sausage (Brent's grandpa has made it with hot sausage)
2 onions, chopped
4 stalks celery, chopped
2 packages cornbread mix (I always get the cheap & it works just fine)
6 slices bread, toasted
2 tsp sage
1/4 tsp salt
4 C chicken broth
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 can cream of mushroom soup

Prepare cornbread and toast the night before. Brown sausage, onions & celery; drain. In a large bowl crumble your breads. Now throw in everything and mix well. Pour into your favorite baking dish. Bake at 350 degress for 45 minutes or until brown.

It's that easy. You cannot screw this recipe up, I promise :) Come back tomorrow for a easy easy easy appetizer. Seriously you will love me forever.


No comments :