Monday, June 15, 2009

Hello

Ahhh internet. We got nailed Saturday night by a thunderstorm and lost our internet service. You can't imagine what I can get accomplish without the stinkin' internet.

It's officially summer here in southern Oklahoma. We are hot and humid. My main goal right now is to stay cool.

I don't have any pictures to share. Shocking I know. Nothing really exciting going on right now. I think the rest of June will be quiet, knock on wood, and then July we are having a bash for the 4th and then a trip to Colorado. School will be starting before we know.

I will leave you with a recipe. Some of you might want something new to fix. It's good and easy; my favorite kind of recipe :)

Chicken Almond Casserole

1 cup chopped cooked chicken (I usually boil 1 chicken breast and it's enough)
1/2 cup mayo
1 can cream of chicken soup
2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
1 tsp minced onion (I use dried onion)
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 cup celery, chopped
1/3 - 1/2 cup cracker crumps (I use bread crumbs and it works just fine)

Combine and toss lightly. Pour in a casserole dish and top with crushed potato chips. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

No comments :