Sunday, June 28, 2009

All Aboard!!!



We had a train adventure today.



The company that Brent works for does a lot of business with BNSF so they get tickets for a free train ride.



My 2 nephews are obsessed with trains so I was so glad they got to go. Hannah had a friend over so we ended up using my bil's ticket for her but the conductor let him on without a ticket. So nice!



Luke, my sister Shelly and Ben.



Hannah and Kirsten.



Brad and Luke. The conductor let Luke punch the tickets. Did you know that when you become a conductor that you are assigned a certain punch? That is how they are kept up with. A little something I learned today.



This was our conductor. He was really nice! He has been working for the railroad since 197something.



Going across Lake Texoma. It looked like we were floating across the water.



Going across the Red River.

I'm glad we got to do this. I went on a train from Ardmore, OK to Gainesville, Tx when I was a little girl but can't really remember much of the trip. This was Hannah's first time on a train and next month she will be flying for the first time. Lots of first this summer :)

2 comments :

Lori said...

This looks like fun! We took a train ride from Washington D.C. to Williamsburg several years ago. It was fun, but sloooow!

Leeza898 said...

I love going on train rides too. This looks so much fun. Glad you all had a great time. Oh, thanks for the conductor trivia. You never know when you're gonna learn something new. :)