Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Vacation Day 4 - Charleston part 2

We knew before we left Oklahoma that we wanted to take a ghost walk. It was one of my favorite things we did.








We were in the first group. Our tour lady was really nice and we learned a lot about Charleston. Part of the walk including going to a "dungeon" that was a hot spot for orbs. Freeeeaaaaakkky!!! It was located in the Old Exchange building built in 1771. That's old y'all. Lots of cool things happened in that building. Constitution things, reading of the Declaration of Independence to the people of South Carolina......

The dungeon was creepy. She showed us the hot spots, where people got pictures of stuff. The best way of capturing something was to take 3 pictures in a row directed at the same spot. I only had my phone. These are the 3 pictures I took of one of the spots.












The 3rd picture definitely shows something. I swear that I saw a lighted object go across my screen as the flash went off.

We walked along old cobblestone alley ways and heard ghost stories and learned a lot about Charleston. It was so much fun.

We ended up at a church with a graveyard, St Phillips. Did you know it's called a graveyard if it's located at the church and cemetery if it's not? I didn't. She had a picture that was taken by a man in the 80s of the graveyard.




It's said to be the ghost of Sue Howard Hardy. Watch this video for the story. It's pretty interesting. We went back to the graveyard the next day to see her grave. We also at lunch at Southend Brewery & Smokehouse. It's haunted too. You can read about their story here. I'm ready to go back, in the fall when it's cooler, and go on more walks/tours. I would recommend Bulldog Tours and will definitely take another one of their tours if we do ever get back to Charleston.

No comments :